C- Section?

I just had a c-section and was wandering what kinda of things are normal with the recovery? Also what is not normal? Thanks

newmom183

Asked by newmom183 at 12:41 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i had c section, it was a planned one
    was yours planned or emergency
    are you having any issues in particular?

common, pain, stitches itch, feeling weird from pain med, odd pain like stretching pain in odd abdominal areas, no lifting, no stairs, no driving etc
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 12:51 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• It was almost a emergency but is bleeding heavily a normal thing after to?
    newmom183

Answer by newmom183 at 12:57 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Most c-sections do not cause heavy bleeding because they wash your uterus out before stitching you back up, vaginal births are alot of bleeding the first few days to a week... If you are soaking a pad an hour, I would call your DR, heavy bleeding is not the norm for sections. Mild to moderate is normal unless you are moving alot or doing things you are not suppose to, does the bleeding happen all the time or just when you stand up or do anyhting around the house....
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 1:08 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I would have to disagree with midnightmoma..I had a c-section and i bleed like ew..i had clots and pretty heavy bleeding for about 7 days after i had my sergery. It's normal... and i would know because i had one of the best doctors there is to give c- sections. The women that gave me mine now only does Emergency C- sections so she's really good. After seven days it got pretty light almost like a period. I didnt stop bleeding completely till about 2 months after which is also very normal. Hun, none of us are doctors and im speaking with my experiece and with what i was told after my c-section. If you are worried or conserned ask you doctor. They would know over any of us. GL
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 1:58 PM on Aug. 21, 2009