What age...?

Do/would you allow your child to ride the school bus?

evilive

Asked by evilive at 12:55 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• Well, my son is going to kindergarten. The school is a few blocks up our street and with our schedule im not sure if we can pick him up and drop him off. Were thinking of school busing, but im on the fence about it. I think my son is a too young, but my DH says otherwise.
    Not sure what the final decision will be...? My son starts school on Monday!
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 1:07 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• my sister rode in kindergarden
    I personally wont put my kids on the bus ever lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:28 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• 1st grade
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 1:30 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• It's a few blocks? Kindergarten should be OK.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• My oldest was 4 and started headstart.
    My second will start riding the bus this September and he will be 4 in December.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:51 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Kindergarten, but we are a very small school district and live rural, otherwise I am not sure.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 1:52 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• My kids started in Kindergarten. That's when I started. My husband's family couldn't belive that we were sending them on the bus. He never rode one. The past few years I've worked at my kids school and they still take the bus. I need the few minute drive alone and when I get to school I like to sit in the teachers room and talk to other teachers before school starts. can't do it with kids. There are a few times they drive in or home with me. They like taking the bus though so that's good.
    Shell89

Answer by Shell89 at 2:17 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• My son will be going to private school so chases are he won't ride the bus, if he ever goes into public school I will still do everything in my power to take him and pick him up.. Way too much stuff goes on, on the school bus
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 2:41 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• My son starts pre-k next month. He just turned 4 last week. He will ride the bus home across town. I'm so scared though! i know he'll be fine though.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 3:15 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• My oldest rode it in kindergarten and had a blast. I loved the school bus. All I had to do was walk her to the corner to catch (much nicer then the 3 1/2 blocks we have to walk now at this school).
    At the other school if she missed the bus she missed school for the day. I didn't have a car and no other way to get her to school. 90% of the kids took the bus because the school was on the other side of town up this huge hill. Only a few kids got rides from their parents and only a handful walked (they lived up on the hill, too).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:39 PM on Aug. 21, 2009