Nausea at the on set of labor? ***TMI***

I've been lightly contracting for almost 2 weeks now. And last night I woke up in the middle of the night. Hot but cold, sweaty but with goose bumps, and acid reflex like heck. And not 10 minutes later I lost everything in my stomach. When I talked to my mother this morning she said sounded like my labor was starting. Is that true? (yes since my contractions have gotten more frequent that every half hour and more intense, but I didn't know vomiting = labor.)

ExenoRainbow

Asked by ExenoRainbow at 1:04 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It's not uncommon for women to experience vomiting and/or diarrhea at the onset of labor, but it's not necessarily a sign of labor either. Just follow your doctor's instructions about labor or call the office if you're feeling uneasy about what's going on.

I had fairly regular contractions for WEEKS with my last (3rd) baby, so I can completely relate on that note.

I'm currently 36 weeks pregnant with our 4th and haven't had any regular contractions with this one yet, which is a relief. I really enjoy being able to sleep at night. :)
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 2:16 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• It can for some women, diarrhea can also be a sign.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 1:10 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• i got sick at the hospital when i first checked in.....so i think so
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 1:12 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• When are you due?
    What have the contractions been like (pat two weeks) and how have they changed?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:19 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• i got like that when i was in labor, when my contractions got stronger
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 1:20 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Sometimes your body will clear it self out so when you are in labor there's nothing in the way. I didn't get sick, but I did stop eating the day of my child's birth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I'm 38 weeks. I was put on primrose oil to soften my cervix on the 10th and have been walking, drinking red raspberry leaf tea, etc (at my dr's orders) to help kick up labor. I was induced medically with my first son and so i kinda have no idea what natural labor really entails (lol) My contractions started as back hardening with back pains, and then hardening and a little mild cramping, and now the cramping is getting more intense, and the back pain is back as well. I'm not exactly sure how frequent but I'm gonna guess it's back up to around 15 minutes, and it usually lasts about a minute or so.
    ExenoRainbow

Answer by ExenoRainbow at 1:30 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• It can mean it but not for all women .
    I was sick horribly at the end and had diarreha and all the other "signs" lol and nothing lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:41 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• sleep? at night? i thought that was just a myth. I've been up every 2 hours every night now for the last month and a half. lol!
    ExenoRainbow

Answer by ExenoRainbow at 2:51 PM on Aug. 21, 2009