Do you yell at your kids?

I yell at my son, but I was raised with parents who yelled at me and I turned out just fine! I get so sick of hearing people say "you shouldnt yell, its not helpful" and things like that. I have been told that it is only helpful to me, and that it is ineffective with my son, but I disagree. I can tell my son nicely to do something a hundred times and he will ignore me or just tell me no, but if I raise my voice he knows I mean business and will get right to it. I dont yell over every little thing, but I do yell. Just wondering if I'm the only one...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• I do too. I mean, I'm not yelling sware words or anything. Just raise my voice or get more stern.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• oh heck yes.. EVERYDAY.. i swear they cant hear me.. lol i dont cuss at them but hell ya im yelling.. "what is your problem" "have you lost our mind" "get in the bath" "go to bed" "stop hitting ur brother" "no means NO" "stop asking" "no we arnt going to walmart" "no you cant play the wii"...

good times.. good times..
    ArlieBeeMee

Answer by ArlieBeeMee at 1:16 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• No I dont
    I was raised being yelled at but I dont yell at mine.
    My thoughts on that is if your kids dont listen when you talk what makes you think they will listen when you yell ?
    my kds listen to me and I never have yelled at them
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I raise my voice at him.
    Krissy21

Answer by Krissy21 at 2:07 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• i yell at my little one if she is across the room messing with something she knows she is not supposed to i yell no!you better not!
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 2:33 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Yup.

Anyone who says they never yell at their kids is lying or in denial of the volume of their voice at times! LOL
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 2:49 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• oh ya, i swear they have selective hearing when it comes to me asking them what to do, but when daddy asks there are no questions or arguing,lol.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 4:04 PM on Aug. 21, 2009