Does anyone cook things in the oven durning summer?

I keep wanting to bake some muffins, but every time I go to turn on the stove Dh yells that it's too hot to turn the dang oven on.

Anyone else bake in the summer?

WishyClarkson

Asked by WishyClarkson at 1:07 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Our central a/c works beautifully so we have no problem using the oven in the summer. At our old place the a/c barely worked so I only baked in the morning or late at night. (I was pregnant back then and craved cakes & brownies all the time.)
    zorrokat

Answer by zorrokat at 4:11 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Hi there! Sparingly! We do a BIT, esp. if it is for short term things like a pizza (15 min). A toaster oven is good, but the size of it could be limiting, and then also good old fashioned grilling! I know I hate to heat the house up on hot days!
    juliehopper

Answer by juliehopper at 1:10 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I hate using the oven in the summer, but sometimes I feel like having or making a certain recipe and I end up doing it but I have to open the windows, put the ceiling fans on and open the two back doors and put the vent over the stove on to suck out some of the heat
    sylvia-ann

Answer by sylvia-ann at 1:12 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• hmm.. never crossed my mind NOT to.. I guess it's cause we have the ac on so it doesnt really make a big difference, I baked about 2 dozen cookies yesterday (8 at a time so 3 batches, took over an hour cause Ihad to let cookie sheet cool between batches) and make casseroles all the time, and lasagna...
    AMsMommy212

Answer by AMsMommy212 at 1:27 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Yes I do cook things in the summer-- mostly quick things like rolls, muffins, cookies, pizza. I try not to use it every day. Mostly we like to grill out, make things that can be cooked in the crockpot, microwave or stovetop.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:28 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Our house is kept as cold as a refrigerator so turning the oven has no effect on the temp inside the house,lol.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:29 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• depends if it is hot
    we are in Wisconsin, so plenty of non hot days here, especially this summer
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 1:30 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• hells to the YEAH.
    It's Canning & Brewing Time here so on with the damn thing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I bake goodies and cook supper in the oven about 4 times a week. Maybe you live in an area that gets hot but not hot enough to use the AC? We have the AC cranked up, so I definitely don't think twice about using the oven.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 1:48 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Yes I do .
    Daily just about.
    Im in Las Vegas
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:49 PM on Aug. 21, 2009