my dd has gone 15 hrs without peeing (not really a question)

k so for a week no my dd urine has been really dark like amber color, but is only the first pee of the day. i took her to the doctor yesterday and he says he needs a urine sample. but it has to be the first urine of the day. well how can i get it if hse hasnt peed in 15 hrs!! am so worry. she has had water and juice about 4 sippy cups and nothing. i keep asking her but she says she doesnt have to go pee. is she holding it? or what? am so frustrated

piwife

Asked by piwife at 1:12 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No urine output in 15 hours, I would call her ped back and let them know, dark urine in the morning is normal because it is concentrated but to have nothing, I would call.... The can do an in and out cath to get a sample if she is not going on her own, I dont see how she can hold it for 15 hours, their bladders are not that big...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 1:19 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I think your doc may need to get that sample via any way he can. Dont let them put this off, your daughter may have a serious infection or something like that. Please call your doc again and tell him that she is NOT urinating like she should be, no matter how much you give her to drink. This is NOT ok in a little child. Do NOT let him put you off, if he does, you may end up in the ER. Damage to kidneys and everything else can occur due to a back up of urine.
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 1:21 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• i know i pee like evey 10 mts but i have a messed up bladder from pregnacy. this si the longest she has held it. she usually doesnt pee for 10 hrs or so
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:22 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I totally agree with the first response. Demand they get the sample and test it. No pee in 15 hours is serious. Doing the cath isn't great, but when you weigh the consequences, it's minimal. I've never heard you have to get the first pee in the morning when your child is obviously having some sort of problem. If they were doing routine tests or something I could understand the first thing in the morning request.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• not peeing in 10 hours is still not normal, her urine output should be like 30 mL per hour if not more if everything is functioning correctly....

I dont remember to correct mL for peds...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 1:25 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• lately she has been like that, and most days she will only pee like 2 or 3 times a day. am gonna call her ped. ill update
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:30 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• SHE FINALLY PEED!! IT WAS SUPER DARK
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:11 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• If she is only peeing 2 or 3 times a day something is wrong, That is NOT normal. If she is drinking enough fluids she should be going alot more than that.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 3:05 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• She has a sippy cup all day. . am takingthe urine to get tested
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:50 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Keep us posted......
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:07 PM on Aug. 21, 2009