Question about infections

Do you always get a fever when you have an infection? I ask because I've been having horrible toothaches but no fever and wondering if they're infected or not. Does anyone know if you'd get a fever from a tooth infection?

Please no smart ass answers, I don't have dental ins. right now. Thanks!

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 1:23 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Health

• i have had tooth trouble for years now and have had an infection due to thooth trouble. ( starts with toothace then swollen gums and it use to get so bad that my faced swelled up i looked like a monster and i was in pain )but i never had a fever..now in case u need remedies i hope one helps
    1. peroxsid, just swish it and spit it out dont swollow, it cleans it out and helps draw out the infection..warning...it foams and tasts gross.
    2. ibprofin helps me i take up to 800mg. (thats 4, 200mg )
    3. also clove oil, found in natural heath stores, put some one a qtip and swab sore area..it numbs it, but dont over do it..
    4. worse case..tiquila (sp) just swish with it dont swollow unless u want to, but it numbs the area.
    5. warm salt water, swish again helps clean it out.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 1:50 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• you dont always get a fever with an infection....usually if you get a fever and you KNOW you have an infection i believe that means the infection is now in the bloodstream...not totally sure on that...
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 1:34 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• also if u go to the er they will perscribe an antibiotic to get ride of infection. i have health insurence but i dont heave dental so i know what its like..i go to er when its been a week and i get a swollen face and in pain and no sleep. sometimes its bad were no home remadies work so er is my last case..hope u feel better..
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 1:53 PM on Aug. 21, 2009