Can you get morning sickness in the form of a bowel movent? or just vomiting?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• This is an interesting question..because I am almost in third trimester and keep experiencing a lot of problems with my bowels!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Well I know when I had morning sickness half the time I had to sit on the toliet with the trash can between my knees because I never knew which way it was coming out. Sometimes on special days, it would come out of both at the same time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I would say yes, because it's all gastro-intestinal.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 1:49 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• The further along you go the more your organs get squished, including your intestines, and the more you may encounter..um...shifts in regularity.

If you take the regular iron supplements you will likely be more consitpated than usual. There are other more food derived supplements that are non-constipating FYI (Floradix and Liquid Chlorophyll).

If you don't get enough fiber or water in your diet, you will likely have problems. And if you are like me, pregnant or not, the progesterone hormone makes your stools soft and stimulates your bowel quite urgently to eliminate. Add pregnancy itself, and you'll be fine one second and in the next are running to the bathroom so fast hairpins spin behind you.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 2:01 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• BTW I am the OP.
    I am 11 weeks pergnant. I was not sure of how far along i was because last month I Started feeling like I was pregnant and when my period did not come I took a pregnancy test and it was negative but i still felt pregnant. well my period ened up coming 5 days late and it only lasted about 3 days and was very irregular (like the blood was really like water.) and my periods always start out heave and last about 5-7 days so i think it was implantaion bleeding. but I had frequent bowl movements always at the same time every morning. and that was unusual. so when i did not get my period this month i took a pregnancy test and it was positive. so we figured out all the dates and stuff and i am 11 weeks and my bowel movents must be morning sickness.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Aug. 21, 2009