help please!!!!

i have dish network but i want to cancel it. they have been charging my check card $370 for thepast few months even though my bill issupposed to be $70 a month. i just called them to cancel my services but they said i agreed to a 2 year contract and if i cancel i will becgarged $600. I NEVER GREED to a 2 year contact. my question is if i call my bank and ask them to cancel my check card and send me a new one can dish ntwrk still charge me or get my account info? thank u ladies in advance!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Money & Work

• If they've been charging you too much you need to take action about the overcharges. Call and talk to someone at the company about the overcharges. Have your bank statement in front of you when you call. Be firm but polite (swearing and screaming won't get you anywhere). Keep escalating your call higher up until someone assists you with your problem. Get your money refunded for the overpaid amounts.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• If you get a new bank card with a new number they will not be able to charge you. But I would find out why they overcharged me.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 1:52 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• the did the same thing to my husband and my mothers boyfriend. they do this alot i see
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 3:20 PM on Aug. 24, 2009