Mom's that are going back to school?

I am SAHM of 3. I want to go back to school for what I'm not sure. So my question is if you are in school what are you going for and how do you afford it?

mom753

Asked by mom753 at 1:40 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I am in school for radiography. and i use grants and student loans.
    TaysMom041908

Answer by TaysMom041908 at 1:43 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• The only reason I can afford to go back to school is because I have my GI Bill to use.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 1:43 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I am going to school to be a Human Service worker. I get grants and loans to pay for my schooling and books. I go one night a week for 4 hours so I am still home with my kids. I do homework during naps, early mornings, or after bedtime for the boys. I would look into an adult night program. They are great.
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 1:52 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Financial-aid and pell grants.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• financial aid and pell grants and student loans. I am going to echo-tech. (ultrasounds) Our local hospital has several 12-18 month programs they offer. I'll start out at 50k a year. It's worth it.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 3:10 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Financial aid, like everyone else has said. I will likely be paying of student loans for many years to come, but I feel good knowing that I did it. I currently have my associates in business and in a little less then a year I will have my bs in business management. A business degree gives you a lot of options.

Good luck momma! You can do anything you put your mine too!
    nattabugsmommy

Answer by nattabugsmommy at 3:25 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I have GI bill and Pell grants to pay for my tuition. I am going to use it to get a bachelor's in physics and/or engineering to better my family's quality of life in the future, even though it is tight for us now with me just going to school and not working.
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 3:29 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I am in school for Human Services/Psychology. I pay for it with funding from a state of Wisconsin Dislocated Worker program and financial aid. I also work part time. There are a lot of scholarships and grants out there for people to use to return to school. An education is always worth the money that it will cost. Education and knowledge are very important.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:52 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• i am also a mommy of 3 and want to go back to school for pediatric nursing (RN). This yr. i will have 2 out of the 3 in school, but not all day. I have an assoc. degree in Special Ed. and a degree in business mngt so i will use the credits that transfer towards my degree. Here where i live there is a nursing program that will pay you way if you work for UPMC hosoital for 1or 2 yrs. That is what my goal is!! Good for you for wanting to go back to school.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 8:03 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I am a single mom of 3 - I am in school. Pell grants, loans, taking ex to court for alimony arrears!
    Lovey1234

Answer by Lovey1234 at 9:08 PM on Aug. 21, 2009