Any advice for baby's first plane ride tommorrow?

She's 4 weeks old

ArmyMommy89

Asked by ArmyMommy89 at 1:43 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Lots of snacks and toys! A little children's benedryl helps too, but make sure to ask your baby's pediatrician what the proper dosage is for her. I've flown a lot with my son, internationally too. It's no fun but you'll survive. Bring plenty of everything your baby needs, that is most important. Don't want to run out of diapers!
    pixiestix21

Answer by pixiestix21 at 1:46 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• With her only being 4 weeks make sure to take hand sanitizer and keep your hands clean. Airports can be very germy so make sure you wipe stuff down. Nurse or give bottle at take off and landing. This will help keep her from getting an ear ache. A little tylenol before taking off will help if her ears do start to hurt. Stay calm and if she starts to cry just stay calm.
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 1:50 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I will also going to say about the bottle or nursing at take off. At 4 weeks old, your baby will probably sleep the whole time. How long is the flight?
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:26 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Pack an extra shirt for yourself in your carry on. I don't always need it but I am so glad to have it when I do:)
    Luuckymommy

Answer by Luuckymommy at 2:41 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• If your little one takes a pacifier that will work too during take-off and landing. At 4 weeks it actually should be pretty easy. It's when they get a bit older and want to move around more, that it gets harder. Make sure you have a stroller for the airport if possible too. Don't worry, everyone will think you are very brave and the baby is adorable.
    NHRachel

Answer by NHRachel at 3:37 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Thanks everyone, yall are so helpful! and to bridget, the flight is 3 hours long then with a 4hour wait before conecting flight then 2 hours more..
    ArmyMommy89

Answer by ArmyMommy89 at 8:28 PM on Aug. 21, 2009