why are u antisocial? what makes u that way if u are?

im very anti social.... i think this is bc im more self involved then i would like to admit!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I can be very social, but it's just easier to stay home and not have to subject myself to the outside world. Our kids started school Wednesday, I'm home alone for the first time in 6 yrs and I feel like crawling in bed and not coming out. I have to force myself to do stuff. Hubby say's I should just take a break, take advantage of the peace and quiet, but I feel so guilty..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I would be more social if so many people weren't just out for themselves. It drives me crazy to see everyone just trying to use everyone else; I don't want to be a part of it. I still talk to people, I just don't go out of my way to get together with people other than my close friends.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 1:59 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• it's just the way I am. I enjoy being alone. I think more creatively and can concentrate better when alone. I get more accomplished that way

Answer by admckenzie at 2:00 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I'm anti social because most people are stupid, greedy or self absorbed. I have no desire to spend time with that kind of people. I'm happy to socialize with people that don't fall into those categories.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I wouldn't really say that I'm antisocial. I just don't go out of my way to make new friends or talk to people. My husband has a lot of friends and doesn't really understand why I don't. I like 95% of his friends and even enjoy spending time with them, I guess it's just that I like hanging out with guys more than I do women. I do have a few close girl friends, but I live in a different state now, and my husband thinks I should go out and try to find more. It's hard for me though, because I am a little shy.
    JaimeLynP

Answer by JaimeLynP at 2:03 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• People tend to not like to hang out with the weird chick. I thought that ended at high school graduation but sadly it continues into adulthood so...f-ck em
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 2:04 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• being shy keeps me home
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 2:08 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I am REALLY shy.Ive always had bad experiances with people.I HATE people because they are assholes and judge you only by your appeareance
    babysyoungmom1

Answer by babysyoungmom1 at 2:13 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I think it's a number of factors...low self confidence, lack of example on how to make friendships when growing up, lack of parental involvement, bad relationship with my mother....and being molested by my grandfather when I was around the age of ten. To this day I only have about 1 friend and we aren't terribly close. It's hard making good close friendships when you're a mother to boot.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:15 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I have been told I'm anti-social. In a lot of cases, I didn't like the company or the people involved made me less excluded, so I backed off. (What else can you call it when they say there's no room at the table, you have to sit out a card game, then two more people show up and suddenly they can find extra chairs and another deck of cards?)

But around my friends, I'm quite sociable and love to laugh and spend time with them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Aug. 21, 2009