Hair Follicle Drug Test?

Okay So my friend has court with her babys dad and she had a hair follicle drug test 3 months after she quit smoking marijuana. and she hasnt smoked since well she met up with another girl the other day...and the other girl was doing it and She took one hit out of her pipe..Now she might have to go back to court but she dont know yet she wanted me to ask if just one hit will even show up in her system?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• If she is so worried about it maybe she shouldn't have done even one hit in the first place. Her just being near someone smoking pot is just as bad as her smoking it herself if she is trying to keep her kids.

Now with that said, thc can stay in the hair follicles up to 3 months, if not more if she was a heavy user.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 2:26 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Umm when My babys dad went to get one of those when we went to court that thc can stay in your sytem for 3 months but only if your a heavy user. the lady said if its under a certain number of like the thc like if u only did it once then they wont even write it down ....

hope this helps your friend!
    CandacesMama08

Answer by CandacesMama08 at 2:30 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• "the lady said if its under a certain number of like the thc like if u only did it once then they wont even write it down "

That isn't true at all! If it's in a case regarding children they will note every bit of drug use. Regardless of whether it's one hit or smoking 10 joints.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 2:32 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• yes it will show and even being around it will get in her system. The only place I have ever heard of not noting it is a job but parole and child custody they will note all amounts because it shows that she has done/been around it so they will look at her as irresponsible. If she loved her kids and wants them she should stay completely away from it and not do it since they might test her
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 2:40 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• What ethnicity? If she's white I would say there is a 99% chance it won't show up if she only smoked once in the last three months. If she's not white or wants to be safe, she can get a shampoo that washes all traces out of her hair, either online or a head shop.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:41 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• The shampoos that claim to wash out the residue doesn't work. The thc is in the follicles of the hair and are only gone once the hair grows out and the 'infected' parts are then cut. Also, ethnicity doesn't really play a role in how much it sticks in the follicles.. The biggest part is how the body disposes of it.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 2:43 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Right, I have no idea what I'm talking about. My best friend works for DHS she knows how this stuff works. The shampoo does work which is why they are devoloping tests for it (but haven't yet) and your ethnicity makes a difference because the hair is different.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Drugs stay in the hair follicels for 3 months and it doesn't matter how much or how little was ingested or smoked, it is still there. If she was so worried about results, then she shouldn't have smoked a joint, one hit or not.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:38 PM on Aug. 21, 2009