Getting a H1N1 vaccine while prego ??

With all this new news about the Swine flu coming full force possibly this fall/winter they say the prego's need to get a vaccine . My parents have NOT let it go . I am 32 weeks and they keep asking me if I have gotten it . I haven't I am unsure about the side effects of it. I am concerned over the flu of any kind but I would rather just get the regular flu shot since I know the side effects of it then again the reg. flu shot might not be effective enough for this new flu outbreak.

baby1love

Asked by baby1love at 2:27 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• HELL NO, I will not have them inject me with a vaccine that they JUST created and have no clue of the effects it has.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I wouldn't get the H1N1 vaccine either - pregnant or not.

If you don't want it, tell your parents you're not getting it. End of discussion. If they want to talk about what a "horrible" decision you're making... let them talk to each other about it -- your mind's made up.

If you DO want it.... go for it. Your body. Your baby. Your decision.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 2:33 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• PLEASE PLEASE do not get that shot.

it hasn't been tested enough and it is potentially life-threatening.
    Don't risk that chance of hurting you and your baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I don't plan on getting since they don't know the side effects .
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 2:36 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Yeah I wouldn't get it either.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 2:37 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• just stay in your house because if you dont get the shot and you get the flu you will die and who knows what will happend if you get the shot
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I wouldnt necessarily get the shot. The regular flu shot, however, is completely safe and encouraged if you are pregnant.
    ajw1980

Answer by ajw1980 at 2:49 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I am not planning on getting the shot. The key is to stay in tune with your body. If you feel even the slightest symptoms of the flu, get to the doctor right away even if it seems mild. I am not getting a shot they know nothing about and my kids won't be getting it either!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 3:00 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I wouldn't get any type of flu shot while preggo but I don't even think the H1N1 vaccine is going to be available until mid-Oct anyway...you'll have had your baby by then.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Aug. 21, 2009