My dd is 2 & has had a temp (off/on) since midnight Sat but acts perfectly fine & happy. Should I be concerned?

I have a msg already into her dr but still waiting for a call back. She's napping now (after only being up for 2hrs), assuming it's due to the tylenol.

Asked by Jesstsilly at 12:29 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If her only symptom is a fever, you should give her cool baths & popsicles. Stop giving her tylenol b/c you're going to want to watch for other symptoms to show up... like an earache or sore throat. Maybe she's just teething, or maybe there's a cold coming on. If she's acting normal, don't worry about it... just try to keep the temperature down without medicine, if you can.

Answer by crazysocks830 at 1:17 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• This nasty bug is going around, both my kids and my hubby has had it. I know it is frustrating because they look fine and then at nite that darn fever comes back. My guys had diarrhea and vomiting too so be prepared. Just watch that temperature give them Tylenol or Advil and hope it goes away soon. We had it for nearly 2 on and off. It is a weird flu bug this year. take care.

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 12:32 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• A Low grade temp that comes and goes with no other symptoms such as a cranky child or lack of eating or drinking or playing is probally nothing. Good you called the Dr. though. Better safe than sorry.

Answer by vbruno at 12:42 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I might add that she also does not have diarrhea or throwing up so hopefully it isn't that nasty flu. Hopefully it's nothing, I'm putting in another call to her doc.

Answer by Jesstsilly at 12:57 PM on Jun. 23, 2008