My 2ina half yr old wont potty train???

Ok i have a 1 ina half yr old and a 2in a half yr old girls, and i 5ina half yr old boy. I thought girls were supose to be easy to potty train, but my 2ina ahalf yr old wont potty train, i have tried letting her wear pantys and when she has to go to let mommy know, but when she has to go she will scream for me to put her diaper on or she will pee on the floor. I have tried the normal floor potty chair, and the one kinda like a highchair, i have tried a potty insert on the big potty too, nothing works. It seems that since her little sister was born she is getting less independent, she will not use a toddler bed, well she will but it is a fight to keep her in it she gets up all night long, but she is so big for her bed we always have to fix it because she keeps breaking the railing, she wont even give up her pacifier. Any ideas on motivating a toddler to potty in the potty and to help her become more independent... Thanks.

angels4262

Asked by angels4262 at 2:34 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• She may not be ready usually when people say "my child won't potty train" it usually translates to "i'm ready for my child to be potty trained but they aren't ready" and until they are ready you aren't helping them at all by pushing them.

Also you are trying to do way too much at once. Pick one thing to work on at a time and stick to just that. First, get her comfortable sleeping in her bed and after she does that for awhile move on to trying to break the pacifier and once again after she has gone without it for awhile (and i'm not just talking about a week or two i'm talking about a month, maybe more) and then move on to trying to potty train. Trying to do everything at once can cause serious anxiety issues and cause them to actually regress instead of progress.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 2:39 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Let her do it when she's ready. Some kids don't do it 'til 4.

The more ya push, the more she'll resist.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 2:37 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• agree with other poster. She's not ready if it's this much trouble.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 2:57 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I would stop trying all together. Give it a good long break and try again in 6 months or longer if needed.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:50 PM on Aug. 21, 2009