For Moms who have had their newborn's cord blood registered, how much did it cost?

I am interested in finding out what other Moms have payed for the initial cord blood registery startup and what they have payed and will be paying for it's storage in the years to come. Also... do the registeries require initial payment in full before or after the blood is taklen, or are payment plans available?

theitalian3721

Asked by theitalian3721 at 2:53 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Health

• I banked with my first one. I went with Lifebank USA. My MIL paid the initial upfront costs but I think it was around $1300. That included the kit to send it in, the first year and all registration fees. I live in Colorado and it is banked in New Jersey. I pay $112 per year due January 1 every year. Cost will never go up per year. You can have each of these companies send you info by requesting it, but at that time (2005) Lifebank USA was the cheapest upfront and long term. Good luck and if you do make sure your OB knows ahead of time. There is a short window of time that they can package and send. Good Luck!
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 2:56 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• 2100 initial cost, pay in incriments over a year
    I think its less if you pay in full
    125 per year and you can also pre pay 25 years for only 600, so its worth it if you have the money
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 2:59 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I looked into it, I seem to remember it being something like $200 for 6 months or longer. In the end I decided to let the blood be pumped into my baby where it belongs and is most beneficial.

Good luck.
    jellyphish

Answer by jellyphish at 3:15 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• confusedok, call me stupid but what is the purpose?

Answer by admckenzie at 4:26 PM on Aug. 21, 2009