it's been a year and i still have really bad stretch marks any idea's on how to help my conditon besides coco butter ????

mommy12-09-07

Asked by mommy12-09-07 at 2:59 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Uhhhh learn to live with them? They don't go away you know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:03 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Once they're there --- that's it. They're there. The cocoa butter and products like that are meant to help PREVENT them. Sometimes they work, sometimes not. But once you get 'em, they're on there for life.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 3:09 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Yep as the other moms have said once you have them they are there to stay. They will fade over time but nothing you can do except learn to live with them.

The creams don't work to fully prevent them, the biggest part is genetics.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 3:24 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• i learned that once you get em, they're there. Think of them as pregnancy service stripes lol... if you were like me... when i lost the baby weight, they got smaller & kind of faded a bit... supposedly if you tan that's suppsoed to help... but not necessarily good for your skin. I just learned to deal with them... and never, ever wear a midriff bearing shirt again :-( even though i have a pretty flat stomach... no one needs to see my marks except for myself!!! :-)
    adrians_mommy

Answer by adrians_mommy at 6:15 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I used to agree but I think it really depends on the cream and if you are using it correctly. I've had a lot of luck with the Avon Clinical Stretch Mark Smoother and its been very popular with my customers as well. For it to fully work you need to give it at least two to three weeks to start showing a difference. After that it starts to work much more quickly. Make sure to use it daily as directed! Mine went from purple to barely there in six months time. Mine were a few years old. My customers who had fresh ones said it worked much more quickly for them. You can try it at www.youravon.com/dhullum use coupon code fsany for free shipping. Good luck :)
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 12:47 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Bio Oil sold at walgreens
    caseydiane1986

Answer by caseydiane1986 at 1:23 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Are they still red? If so then you're in luck...but mine didn't take long before they turned white, and by that point you can't do anything about them. Try something like this that was recommended to me by my dermatologist: NeoStrata Ultra Smoothing Lotion 10 AHA
    I think it made a huge difference in minimizing the damage done to my skin due to stretchmarks.
    GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Also you might try going to a dermatologist too and you could ask them about this..the lotion was about $50 for a 6.8 fl oz bottle which I was able to purchase at my dermatologists office.
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 1:24 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Try one of the scar things...like Mederma, or just pick one out and try it. I've tried a lot of them. Some worked...some didn't. They never completley go away, your skin is forever changed because of the stretching...but the appearance will get better over time. I hear you can get them "zapped" away, but don't know if that is true...sorry:-(
    Morganne1231

Answer by Morganne1231 at 3:53 PM on Aug. 24, 2009