Game system?

What game systems do you have? How old are your children and how long are they allowed to play it? Do you play as well?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• We have XBOX 360, PS2, PS3 and PSP, my kids are 2, 3 and 32(dh)..lol
    They earn stars to play their games, each star gets them 10minutes of play.(except for hubby of course)
    LuvMyBoyzz

Answer by LuvMyBoyzz at 3:10 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• We have an Xbox (orig), PS3, PS2, Sega Genesis, Original Nintendo, and an original Atari. I play all of them with my DH. My kids only watch right now.
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 3:11 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• We have super NES (put up in the attic- not used), N64, 2 or 3 gamecubes, and the Wii. Only 1 gamecube works and is hooked up, the kids play that sometimes. The Wii is hooked up and they play that once in a while. I like the Wii, and plan to get wii fit and maybe a few games for it.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:20 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• We have a PS2 and a Wii. My ds is not even 2 yet...I love the wii, I think it is great! Family oriented system!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 3:22 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• We have the Wii / Wii Fit. The kids each play about 20 minutes a day. They both love the Wii Fit. My 8 year old daughter loves the yoga while my 5 year old son prepers the balance games. This is the first game system we've owned and I bought it b/c they have to be active while useing it, they can't just sit on the couch. I've used it a couple of times and am planning to do so more often, it's a great way to track your progress if you're trying to lose or maintain your weight.
    Maryellen

Answer by Maryellen at 3:24 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I have an Xbox 360 for my oldest "child". He's 24. I usually however, just refer to him as my Fiance. lol. He gets to play when the kids are in bed.

In all seriousness, we don't let our kids play, but only because we don't have an age/content appropriate games for them. We let them play computer games though (only educational games) and they get 1/2 hour each. They usually prefer to play outside though.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 3:24 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• We have ps2, ds lite, and WII. I am what alot of mom's on here think as a bad mom because I don't time him. Our rule is he has to turn it off at 7:00.
    robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 3:50 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• we have xbox 360 and a ps3, our kids are 5 and 4 they arent allowed to play them yet but they have their own kids game systems.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 4:01 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• My kids range in age from 18-3 with one on the way. We have a x-box, x-box 360, 2 game cubes, PS2, Playstation (original), 3 nintendo ds's, 3 nintendo hand helds (the ones right before the ds) a wii and a nintendo 64. I don't really limit the time they play but that's because they are pretty good about doing that themselves. During the winter it's a little different cause we are pretty much stuck in the house, but during the summer they prefer to play outside.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 4:16 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• We have a PS3, Wii and the kids have a smart cycle. I don't limit the amount of time they ride/play the smart cycle. The Wii regular games they can play about 20 minutes a day, Wii Fit I don't lmit. They are not allowed to play the PS3, thats for mommy and daddy. My kids are 6, 4 and 2.
    ljmcmichael

Answer by ljmcmichael at 4:32 PM on Aug. 21, 2009