How can I know for sure I lost it?

Today I had a big chunk of really thick white/yellowish discharge in my panties...I was at my mother in law's house and I told her, she said it sounded like it was my mucus plug! I'm 36 weeks and 4days into my first pregnancy. How can I know for sure that that was my mucus plug? My baby has already "dropped" according to my doctor, and my m.i.l told me to be more careful until I go to the doctor on tues.(Ill be 37wks then). How do I know it is really my mucus plug?

Lovin_mybaby5

Asked by Lovin_mybaby5 at 3:11 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• there is no other way of knowing beside what you already saw come out, sometimes it comes out in chunks over a couple of days, and sometimes its just one huge mass, but sounds like you def. have passed or are passing you mucus plug, good luck, could have a baby in bout 2 weeks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I think if u get an exam your doc will be able to tell you. I'm 36 weeks and 1 day and I had an exam 2 days ago. This morning there was thick stuff and then while I was using the restroom right after that, something fell out and disappeared into my toilet, I couldnt see it and idk, but I think I lost a piece of my plug. I think maybe because I had that internal exam it loosened my plug. Hopefully this means things are heading towards labor in the next couple weeks... I'm not due til Sept. 17th but it is sooooooooooooooo hot. I'm totally fine being pregnant, but its the heat that is getting to me. Ugh. Good luck mommy!!!
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 3:32 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I don't know what else that could be. But the only way to know for sure is to have your OB do an internal exam.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 3:42 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I don't know. I have that stuff all the time, in large "globs". Have had them for months with this pregnancy.

Either way, it really doesn't matter. It has hardly anything to do w/ the onset of labor, so no worries.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 3:57 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Icpjuggalette

Answer by Icpjuggalette at 4:12 AM on Aug. 28, 2009