39wks, 1 day... just lost mucus plug?

I am 39 weeks and 1 day. I believe I just lost my mucus plug. I know that a lot of people don't even notice losing it but Im 98% sure I just lost mine. TMI but... I used the bathroom and felt something dangling and wet- I used tissue paper to wipe and it didnt work... I grabbed the mucus with paper and a large amount of thick mucus came out... there was a lot of it!! Very thick.

Has anyone else lost their plug so close to their date... if so, when did labor start? (I know that everyone is different!!)

shannonwooten

Asked by shannonwooten at 3:14 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i lost mine gradually over a period of a week or two. But then the last bit came out about a week before I had my son.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 3:19 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• that just made my tummy flop-UGGGGG
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 3:25 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• with my last pregnancy I lost my mucus plug at about 36 weeks, and the doctor said it doesn't mean anything when you lose it and he doesn't even use the information anymore.

I was overdue...so I guess it really doesn't matter.

But your so close! Good luck,!
    amberstevens

Answer by amberstevens at 3:44 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• With my second, I lost my plug Friday morning, had LOTS of bloody show all day Saturday, and went into labor Saturday night. Had my baby on her due date.

But with my first, I lost my plug two weeks before my scheduled C-section and never went into labor. So...could go either way.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:51 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Lost mine in one glob(sorry gross, I know) but it still took about a week to go into labor.
    BabyBoyBlue

Answer by BabyBoyBlue at 3:53 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Your mucous plug has nothing to do with labor, really. Not to be a downer, but....don't get your hopes up too high. :)
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 3:55 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Just as fluud7 states - your mucus plug doesn't indicate any onset of labor.
    It was a protective covering over your cervix, though, so you may want to have your husband be gentle if you two have intercourse.
    Let your OB know that it came out and they'll just check your cervix for possible dilation and thinning.
    All the best!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:21 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Icpjuggalette

Answer by Icpjuggalette at 4:07 AM on Aug. 28, 2009