homeschool outlawed!!

Can you believe this?? Germany has made homeschooling illegal! And Sweden is following right behind! The only exception in Germany is medical, and forgein workers with a visa. Im not sure who all knows, but California has tried this also. So does that mean we arent smart enough to school our own children? Whats your opinion on this?? Personally, I think its wrong. We should be able to school our own children.

AmandaN1

Asked by AmandaN1 at 3:17 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• It wouldn't matter to me if they outlawed it. I'd do it anyway. It's my God given right and responsibility to educate my children. The Bible says we ought to obey God rather than men. 

If you don't even let your local school board know your inentions, and keep your kids OUT of public school, you won't have to worry about it.  It's been PROVEN that homeschooled kids out perform public school kids any day, so they wouldn't be able to state that it's because of sub-standard education.  The only reason they would try to outlaw it is because they want control over indoctrinating our childrens' minds with garbage.

MemawBrie

Answer by MemawBrie at 3:52 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Socialism...coming soon to a country you once loved.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:24 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Homeschooling has been illegal in Germany for years.

No one tried to outlaw homeschooling in CA, the judge rendered an opinion, that's all. Judges don't make law, they interpret law. His opinion was dismissed, the governor AND that head of the CA's Dept of Education both made in clear in public speeches that homeschooling is and will continue to be legal in CA.

What other countries choose to do should not effect us. If the German people have a problem with that law, it's up to them to change it. In the US, it's legal, and that is all the really matters to me.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 3:25 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• well my husband is a lawyer and was trying to explain to me, apparently I misunderstood what happened in CA......but I do think it matters somewhat what other countries do, because its obvious we all use others as examples.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 3:35 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• As of right now, it's just something to keep your eye on.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:45 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I think it is just showing that government no matter where you are wants to be in charge of you and your family.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Memaw
    The bible tells you to follow the rules of your govt.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:55 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Maybe the homeschool kids aren't smart enough for college acceptance.

I had to LOL at this response. All four of my kids were homeschooled and have gone on to college. One of my son's was accepted in the NATIONAL, top 10% at Colorado School of Mines, a very prestigious college. One of my other son's was on the Dean's list at his college. So your statement doesn't hold any validity, sorry ;-)

MemawBrie

Answer by MemawBrie at 3:56 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• In Ohio we have the virtual academy that homeschooled kids have a curriculum to follow. My nieghbor just started and she received BOXES of teaching materials at no cost.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:57 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• The bible tells you to follow the rules of your govt.

NOT if those rules infringe upon God's.  Civil disobedience is warranted when the government tries to force you to do something against God's Word or your personal convictions.  Religious freedom, First Amendment ;-)

MemawBrie

Answer by MemawBrie at 3:58 PM on Aug. 21, 2009