Mother Sells Naming Rights to Unborn Baby on eBay!

Confusing her gestating fetus with a sports stadium, a woman in Arkansas is auctioning off the naming rights to her unborn son on eBay, starting at $150.
Lavonne Drummond, an unemployed mother of six, is hoping to garner $25,000 or more by offering the opportunity to name her seventh child, a boy due on Sept. 16, to the highest bidder.
"The economy is so bad and there's no jobs out here that will support a family of my size," Drummond said. "It sounds really crazy but I thought maybe there's someone out there who could help me out with a good name. I'm running out of good names."
Drummond's family has thus far not embraced the decision, and her husband, a Navy man stationed in Virginia, isn't even aware of the online auction yet. "He'll probably support me 100 percent on whatever I feel is best for my family," she said. Probably.

jaidah917

Asked by jaidah917 at 3:35 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• continued_ With the auction still underway, Drummond will have to wait and see what happens, until September, when she'll likely welcome an adorable baby boy named GoldenPalace.com into the world.

jaidah917

Answer by jaidah917 at 3:35 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Whats next- Selling virginity?

But I guess if it works, more power to her-  I wouldnt pay money to name a child-whats the point?

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 3:36 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I sure hope that whoever buys the rights to this babys name doesnt name it something horrible.
    masonsmommy921

Answer by masonsmommy921 at 3:38 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Wow. Oh well. Selling virginity on ebay has already been done, by the way.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 3:40 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• she isnt doing it because she is running out of good names she is doing it because she had mroe kids than she could afford
    yoshiwife

Answer by yoshiwife at 4:06 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• ha she will probably just get a reality show anyway..they give them to all the nut cases now
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Whats next- Selling virginity?

Young people have auction their virginity before on there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• she is not the first woman in the world to do this. Adutls have chosen to do the same thing with their own names. While I think it is stupid and unfair to the child. I do think that it's a creative way to make money. And all she'd have to go is auction for the baby to have that name for a year and then just go get a name change.
    JessicaMc

Answer by JessicaMc at 4:41 PM on Aug. 21, 2009