I'm 40 weeks and 4 cm. dilated and thinned out but not sure how much..didn't think to ask at the time..this is baby number two..and im so tired of waiting...they scraped my membranes so now what am i waiting for? Anyone have a similar experiencE?

kayelle1983

Asked by kayelle1983 at 3:44 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I didn't dilate or efface at all before labor with my second; talk about being anxious. Well, I take that back; I was at "maybe a 1" at my last appointment, and the doctor "tried" to strip my membranes. I don't know how long it's supposed to take to work, but I went into labor 3 days later. Normal labor stuff, lost the mucus plug, lots of bloody show, contractions; nothing special from the stripping of the membranes. Unless your body's ready to have that baby, stripping membranes isn't going to do anything anyway. So basically, you're still just waiting to go into labor. :-\
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:50 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• *Sigh* Babies will come when they are ready to come. Just relax. :)
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 3:56 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• We are in the same boat Kayelle my due date was yesterday. I am 3-4 cm and 70% effaced. Having braxton hicks constantly like four to five an hour. Also baby no. 2 here. This waiting is brutal! Lol hope all goes well for you mama!! Btw are you trying any at home labor induction stuff?
    mommy-san913

Answer by mommy-san913 at 4:18 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• You are waiting for your body and baby to coordinate. Membrane stripping will not work unless you are on the brink of going into labor.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 4:35 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Im 39 weeks, 4 CM 90% they stripped my membranes yesterday- I have cramps and back pain, but Not full contractions...Other mothers told me it only works 1/3 of the time. :( I can't wait any longer
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• good luck it definitely won't be too much longer. i'd bet within the week at least ;) congrats!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 PM on Aug. 21, 2009