what makes u a unique mommy?

im unique bc before teaching my child anything.. the most important thing i would like to teach him will be to is how to have a postive personal dialogue with himself.. he is only two but by the time he is five.. i will encourage him to listen to his thoughts and Know and respect how powerful they are... another thing that i think that makes me unique is i believe in massage and its benefits... so prior to any tests that he has to take i will try to massage him so his brain can function at its best .. im just curious what are some other things that u mommies do that are different?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:20 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• My young children say "please" "thank you" "May I....?" and address their elders in a proper manner.

They are taught to remove their hats in a building, and to open a door for a lady.

They are taught that as long as they do their best at whatever they do, that's all we can ask.

They are taught that philosophy has it's place, that there are more than two sides to any argument/debate, to listen to the opinions of others respectfully but to rely on facts when making a decision.

They are being taught that worrying about the "what if's" will make them miserable, to enjoy their lives and those around them as much as they can in the here and now.

(OP...I hope you don't have a sensory kid because massage and a sensory kid do NOT get along)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I'm just totally unique all together. I need not explain, that would take too long.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:36 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Um yeah. I think I walked into the weird mommy zone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• my attempt at humor to this question would be to say that i have a penis

otherwise i just don't know, i want to be a good mom but we'll see how i do in two months when it pops out.

yeah i called it it
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:38 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• i am a "hippie crunchy mama" ..im teaching my children to love life and love is worth fighting for. i still live in the sense of counter culture. im rasing my babies in a completley different way and enviorement than i was raised in.. we are very nature friendly family..i guess we're "tree-huggers" LOL and i can def understand about knowing your thoughts are powerful..thats a good thing to know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Creative games like laundry soccer, tons of books, dancing in the rain, staying up to listen to storms, flash lights under blanket forts, we make time to play every single day, I still rock and sing him to sleep (for as long as he will let me), and we make up silly songs all the time. We slow dance in the kitchen to the radio, fast dance for a change of pace, and sometimes we play at 2:00am when he wakes up and can't fall asleep. I'm also a hippie mom, "crunchy" as the above mom posted. We love nature, collect bugs, rocks, and eat organic. We teach our values but they defy the norm. We have fun. Dad takes = care of our child. The other thing is I am a therapist so we are very much about relaxation, breathing, feelings, understanding your emotions.....what can say? Oh, and we are white parents raising a black child. Unconventional and unique is our just how we are every single day.  We are a wonderful family.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 7:00 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I try to make everything we do fun and a learning experience. I teach my children to love the world and everything in it, to respect their surroundings. We also dance in the rain, stay up late to watch a thunderstorm and count the seconds between rain drops, baking with my kids, letting them get messy and enjoy being kids. I teach them that their feelings matter and so does everyone else's. We blast the music and just dance and have a good time with each other. I am teaching my children to love life!
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 6:41 PM on Aug. 22, 2009