My baby sounds like his chest and back are conjested

My 6 month old recently has been sounding like he is conjested in the chest and I can hear it in his back....He goes for his 6month check up this wednesday so I will ask doctor to look at him but in the mean time is there anything that I can do to help this?

ShellyBelly226

Asked by ShellyBelly226 at 4:25 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sit in the bathroom with the shower running on very hot water. Close the door and windows and let the steam clear up his lungs. Last as long as you guys can. You can also try a vaporizor? I'm not sure if that's what it's called but the thing that cleans the air?? There's also droplets you can put in them to help- but i would double check with the doctor before hand on the droplets. But the vaporizor? will work too. If he's having trouble sleeping, prop him up a little with pillows in his crib, so that his back is elevated, you could even let him sleep in his carseat and elevate the back of it with a pillow... GOOD LUCK!
    tbear2008

Answer by tbear2008 at 4:29 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• We use a humidifier with salt water in it. Somehow this moisturizes our daughters nasal passages and breaks up the congestion. You will want to elevate the upper torso if you do this, otherwise the congestion just stays where it is, and it can get more difficult to breathe. After a few days of this, we have to start suctioning the nose b/c all the mucus gets loose & runny.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 5:43 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Thanks guys for the help will try...He sees the doctor monday so I will also let him take a listen to his chest
    ShellyBelly226

Answer by ShellyBelly226 at 10:46 PM on Aug. 21, 2009