Is it okay to have 1st bday at a restaurant?

I'm inviting 60+ people and was wondering if it was a good idea to have it at a restaurant (which I currently work at)? We're all really close (I would of invited all the girls from there anyways) and its a really comfortable feel restaurant/pub. I would rent out the back room for about 2 hours and order 200$ worth of appetizers and maybe 60$ worth of 5$ pitchers. Everything else, the guests would be on there own. Is it trashy to do it there? Should it be in a backyard? Advice please??

All guests are adults- with the exception of two possible guests. I would decorate it super cute. The restaurant is literally 2 blocks from my house and I wouldn't have to rent tables, have music (it's at the restaurant- and I can pick the playlist), food, etc.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:26 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If it's your kid's birthday you can have the party where ever you want to.

If there are minors there, however, I personally would reconsider the alcohol. But then I don't know that I would serve alcohol and my kids' parties anyway.

If you want to spend $260 on a party for a kid who won't remember it that's up to you.

What kind of fun is there going to be for a 1 year old anyway? Where can he run around and play? Who will be there for him to play with?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:40 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• go for it.I would it's a good deal and everyone would have a good time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:02 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I wouldn´t. My son´s first birthday was in my parent´s backyard because it was what he enjoyed. And I HATE when my SIL invites us to her kid´s parties and then expects us to buy our own food when it is at a restaurant. IMO if you invite someone to a restaurant you should be providing food.
    This party is for your one year old right? So make it something your one year old will enjoy!
    Anonymous

• I kind of think you're insane. Will your one year old really want to hang out with sixty people? No. He's going to most likely melt down. You will have no where to retreat when he does. I think you should put your baby's needs first.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 5:23 PM on Aug. 21, 2009