holy moly!!

ok so i really need some help, and im super frustrated right now. My SS is 3 (will be 4 in Feb) I started potty training him about a month and a half ago. Going pee he took to really easy. Its #2 we've had problems with. Now I know thats normal, and while I get frustrated when he does that in his underwear, today has been ridiculous. Twice he's peed on the floor. (which I dont know if he's even had 2 pee accidents the whole time we've been training). the 2nd time was RIGHT AFTER being in the bathroom. Then right after that he and my 8 month old were playin in his room, I went in to check on them and the 3 yr old was in bathroom, and I could smell another accident. I went in and he had played with is ALL OVER the bathroom floor. It doesnt matter how long he sits on toilet, its like he poops his pants within 5 min of gettin off toilet. (i always send him when he starts gettin gassy). HELP?!?!?!

AmandaN1

Asked by AmandaN1 at 4:39 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Try having him sit on the toilet for a couple minutes, let him stand up-- say wash his hands or something and then sit back down if he did not go the first time. I know of a child who had some issues with this type of thing. She needed to sit and push, then take a little break and stretch out. When she sat back down, she would go... sounds strange I know, but it is worth a try
    bubbasmother

Answer by bubbasmother at 6:41 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• First of all, Calm down!! you can't expect him to not have accidents or to be fully potty trained right away. I got so frustrated with my son but he wasn't fully trained until a week or so before his 4th birthday. The more frustrated you get, the more anxiety they have and the more they regress. I know it's frustrating and I know it's so much easier for them to just be potty trained but reality is they won't train until they are ready. Pushing him to go is doing more harm than good.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 4:48 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Its not that he wasnt ready, or I just started training bc his age....he would tell you when he went in his pants. And knows when he's about to go. was showing he was ready to be potty trained. this has just started the last couple weeks....he's even gone poop in the toilet b4. and i understand it takes time. the reason i'm frustrated is bc he just gets off toilet and goes #2....
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 4:53 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• He's old enough to help clean that up.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 12:36 AM on Aug. 22, 2009