In a marriage do u fall out of being in love with your spouse???

must you always be in luv????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:44 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• that is such a wonderful question. I think that the loves changes. When you get married the love is the kind where you just can't get enough. then over the years it slowly changes to a smooth love that you are comfertable in.
    then there are times when your love with start to leave ripples and you just don't know what to do. but if you bear with it, it just might smooth out again.
    Savymom25

Answer by Savymom25 at 4:49 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I think you should always love your spouse. I love my husband more and more everyday and now that we are having a baby I love him even more. Maybe if you are feeling like your love is fading you and your spouse need a weekend just the two of you to rekindle the flame you used to have. I am not saying marriage is easy because we have had our ups and downs but we never stopped being in love. If you are feeling like this I pray that you will find away to deal with it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:05 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Love is a commitment to the one loved and it is demonstrated by acts. The mushy feelings come and go, and they are wonderful when we have them. But we can't expect to live on that high all the time. There very well may be days when you don't feel loving or you may not even like your spouse all that much. But you keep right on choosing to do the things that you know make him feel loved, and walla, the feelings will return.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:12 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I love my husband more than anything but I don't always like him.....
    Jan40

Answer by Jan40 at 5:28 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I will be honest... it doesn't feel like the exciting infatuation that you feel in the first months of a new relationship, but it deepens into something different. Not better or worse, just different. There are many days when love is a choice we make and not a feeling we have. Marriage should be built on abiding friendship and common interests rather than the all-consuming infatuation we feel at first, because that fades.

Not a day has gone by in my 3 years of marriage (6 years together) that I didn't love my husband. But there have been days when I had to make the choice to continue to give him my heart through the hard times.

It's worth it if you're truly compatible. I don't think that monogomous, long-term relationships are good for people who don't truly get along on a deep level, though.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 5:30 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• You don't have to love a person to marry them. They talked about this today on a rerun of The View. They said after a couple of years the lust part of marriage is sometimes over but the romantic part remains and keeps the marriage strong. Maybe the romantic part can be over as well and that might be where ppl think they fell out of love.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:55 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Yes I agree with Jan40. I love my hubby i just dont always like him.
    MommyTurtle1985

Answer by MommyTurtle1985 at 7:32 PM on Aug. 21, 2009