How to tell my partner NO to a Name for baby?

I am currently 20 wks pregnant with a girl. My boyfriend is the baby of four children his sister older than him died when she was 2 months old... he wants to name the baby after her but the name is GHETTO and i can't see myself nameing her that... What should I do?

missbre

Asked by missbre at 4:49 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well, what is the name? Maybe you can make something better out of it that will still let your hubby be able to honor his sister. Maybe she had a middle name that you would like better? Otherwise, maybe there is something in relation to her like something that reminds him of her that will let you come up with a name you both agree on? Good luck to you.
    sylvia-ann

Answer by sylvia-ann at 4:53 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Its as easy as that...just say no- try to be compassionate about it, but your gonna have the baby for the rest of your life, this guy might not always be around.
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 4:52 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Don't leave us hanging........What does he want to name her?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• WHat's the name? What if you use her middle name? Maybe also as a middle name for your baby. You could explain to him you want a more modern name and see if that works. Whatever you do talk to him nicely about it so it's not a fight...just explain to him how you feel. You have plenty of time to discuss it...good luck :0)
    minimommy816

Answer by minimommy816 at 4:54 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• my boyfriend wanted to name our baby a name i absolutely hated

and i gave in, arguing was too hard for me, i'm too emotional.

what was your name?

the name i hated was abbey

its not so bad now
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:55 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• The name is La' Shiek and i just don't like it i mean i know its his sister but to me its ghetto
    missbre

Answer by missbre at 4:58 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• What about as a middle name? Otherwise, just say NO!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 5:02 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Tell him. No. Simple. It's your baby as well as his. Try to agree on a name you both will like.
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 5:03 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Put your tongue in the roof of your mouth. As you blow out your breath, make your mouth into an "o". The resulting sound will be "no." He might be grumpy, but this is your baby, too.

I totally agree with you, I would hate that name.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 5:05 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I am sticking to Kailyn Brielle and she can have his last name but as far naming her that NEGATIVE!!!!
    missbre

Answer by missbre at 5:07 PM on Aug. 21, 2009