If I lose weight, does the baby lose weight?

I've been sick for the past two days and I know I should eat something, but i'm soooo just blah sick. I know i've lost a few, does that just mean she takes stuff out of my body reserves or will she lose weight too?

lame question.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 5:17 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• the baby will take what it needs from you even if you haven't been eating much. This is why it is so important to have a good diet and take the vitamins and calcium. Oh, if it hurts to swallow I've found peppermint helps. Hot, strong peppermint tea is a staple for me when I'm sick. . .

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 11:06 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• It'll be ok....I was so sick the first few months that it seemed I hardly ate anything..they get their nurishment....just be careful not to get dehydrated...if it gets too bad then talk to your OB....by the way, my baby was perfectly healthy when she was born...
    Jan40

Answer by Jan40 at 5:23 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• in the first trimester they have the yolk sac and don't really weigh anything. i'm in the third?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:25 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• i don't think so. i lose a lot of weight in the first 5 months of all my pregnancies just from being so sick. my doctor just tells me to stay hydrated and to make sure i am taking my prenatal vitamins. the baby will find a way to get nourishment.

try not to worry hon
    jennalms

Answer by jennalms at 5:31 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I lost about 10lbs when I got the flu a few weeks ago, but my lil guy is still growing ahead of schedule & huge LOL. I think you'll be fine, just stay very hydrated!
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 6:42 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• good advice, i haven't been drinking as much water as i can... i did get some juice and ginger ale and popsicles. but it hurts to swallow :(
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:15 PM on Aug. 21, 2009