My baby still can't sit on her own at almost 10 months!

Hi Ladies. I am concerned because my daughter will be 10 months on the 29th and still can't sit on her own. She rolls, and tries to rock on her knees, but can't get into sitting position. I have 2 other kids also, ages 5 and 3. They sat up around 9 months. Does anyone else have a child that sat up so late and turned out perfectly fine?? Please answer. Any reassurance would be grateful! Thanks!

love2bamomof2

Asked by love2bamomof2 at 5:17 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you other 2 started at 9 months, she probably will sit on her own eventually. My friend's little girl seemed to be late getting started, and then sat up, stood up, and start cruising all within a couple of months. She was probably 11-12 months when that started. They catch up fast. If you are worried though, talk to her dr.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 5:38 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Keep in mind all children develop in their own way at their own time. She will probably be just fine. As long as you have taken her for all her regular check ups and never had issues, I would not worry about it. You never know she might be resisting because you want her to sit so badly-- kids always like to stress us out. Just relax and enjoy her.
    bubbasmother

Answer by bubbasmother at 6:53 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• try sitting her up and leaning her forward but not to long,also we used a laundry basket to help our little one sit,the sides support baby.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:03 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• ask the doc....it culd be nothing or it culd be something..... not the best answer but its true, most babies are sitting up before then, but your baby might have been working on other skills..but sitting up is a necesity...like some babies will skip crawling, and go to walking,, if they are walking its not necessary to crawl...but sitting up is a task they will need forever...so id just bring it up to the doc. actually the doc would be noticing at an appt. and bring it up himself it it was a concern.
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 10:05 PM on Aug. 21, 2009