9 months to put it on...

But how long did it take you take it off?
Gimme your diet tips!!!!

MommaWoods

Asked by MommaWoods at 5:38 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Six weeks. But I *don't* recommend the method. I wasn't able to eat! Starvation will make you lose fast.

And then every pound came BACK, with INTEREST, before six months.

Nine months on, minimum nine months off unless you like yo-yos.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:49 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I'm still trying and it's been 3 years!
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 5:39 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• It took me about 10 months. I gained 55lb. The first 40 came off in the first 3 weeks. The last 15 took a while. A pound here, another pound there. Well, now I'm just about at my prebaby weight. I was under, but I gained a couple pounds back. I have been so busy this past few weeks that I never had time to cook, therefore was eating crap. I'm back to normal day to day life now. I want to lose another 10lbs. At the beginning of summer, I walked about 5 miles a day....it felt so good.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:46 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I guess I was lucky, I was mostly baby.
    I only gained like 20 lbs, and was back to my regular weight 2 weeks after baby was born.

Now getting re-toned, that is another story.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 5:55 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Mine was off within a year. It surprised me, actually. Breastfeeding made a huge impact, and then when my son was 3 months old I started going to a Curves women's gym for a couple months, then switched to a regular gym (so hubby and I could go, and I could have childcare) when DS was 10 months old, and started training for a 5k using the Couch to 5k program. It's awesome! It's a free interval training running thing to get you from being a non-runner to running your first 5k (3 mile) race in 10 weeks. I ran my 5k in July and am halfway through training for my 10k in October, and then on to my first half marathon in March. :)

Oh, and the weight is still falling off! As long as I go easy on the ice cream. :)

Adding produce to my daily diet helped, too. Instead of focusing on what I can't eat, I fill up on fruits and veggies eat less of higher calorie stuff. And stop eating when I'm full.
    MamaSueCongdon

Answer by MamaSueCongdon at 6:00 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Also, keeping a food journal helps me stay aware of how much I'm eating, how often, and what sorts of things. I always eat better when I'm keeping track.

Oh, and for the record I weighed 259 when I checked in to deliver my son, and I was down to pre-pregnancy weight of 198 by the time his first birthday came around. I'm trying to break out of the 190s (have a weigh-in in a couple weeks) and my goal weight is between 155-170. As soon as I'm in my goal weight we're going to try for another kiddo, and I'll have to do the whole cycle all over again! :) Hopefully I won't gain as much next time. :)
    MamaSueCongdon

Answer by MamaSueCongdon at 6:02 PM on Aug. 21, 2009