Infection in tear after birth. Anyone know if this will close up or will I have to get surgery or whatever? (maybe tmi but please I'm getting desperate!)

Ok, so 6 1/2 weeks ago I had my baby, I tore a little, was stitched up. Now, it's mostly healed, i mean it doesn't hurt unless theres pressure or if i focus just on that area when I clean it. I've looked in the mirror to see whats going on, stitches are gone, but I have a yellow discharge and where the tear is/was, on one side is really red and the middle of where the tear was is a tiny hole like it didn't close up all the way. I'm on an antibacterial prescription, but what is going on?? Is it going to close up or what? cause it still bleeds a little when i clean it with witch hazel wipes. OMG someone have an answer please!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• did you go back for your checkup? I'd be calling my dr and asking what's up? That is plenty of enough time for it to heal up

Answer by admckenzie at 5:53 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I know personally my tear kept re-tearing for a couple months. The doctor just kept telling me to give it more time. Sex life stopped for a long time just to make sure the thing would heal. It finally closed up for good after about 3 1/2 months.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:54 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I'd consult the doctor but wouldn't panic. Could be infected. You should clean it every day and see if peroxide or something else should be used. Don't panic. If you get a fever, you know you've got an infection.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:15 PM on Aug. 21, 2009