How can I stop from getting sinus infections???

I got one in April and then I think it came back again in May. Now I think I am getting another one. I have really bad allergies and I take medicine for it. I'm just wondering if there is another solution??

ao112485

Asked by ao112485 at 5:53 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Health

• Always be sure to check your air filter. I tend to get one if my air filter is older than a month, or just really dirty.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 6:04 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Try a netti (sp) cup My mom used to get them since she started using it, she hasnt gotten one.
    MotherHubbard78

Answer by MotherHubbard78 at 6:11 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I agree with motherhubbard, I use a netipot too. You can get them in the grocery or a pharmacy. You mix the solution or salt with warm water, tilt your head over the sink and pour the solution into one nostril so that it flows out through the other. It cleans out all the gunk in there. I have had fewer sinus infections since I started using it.

Answer by Bmat at 6:23 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• There really isn't anything you can do about them. I get sinus infections about 6 times a year. I just learn to deal with it. I take Zyrtec D twice a day and Singulair once a day. Use a vaporizer when you sleep, stay inside when pollen and other allergens are high, take a shower before bed to get the allergens off of your body and out of your hair.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:57 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I get sinus infections at least once a year also. Take your allergy medicine regularly, drink lots of water, and use saline in your nose and a humidifier. The key for me has always been to keep everything hydrated so my tissues didn't dry and crack, thus letting infections grow. My other fav. remedy when you have one is to eat the saltiest, greasiest chips you can find- not a lot, but they clean any abrasions in your throat caused by dryness, and the grease keeps it lubricated so you don't get another bug on top of the sinus infection.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 3:15 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Eliminate dairy

Answer by rkoloms at 10:07 PM on Aug. 23, 2009