Taking religion completely out of the equation - what is wrong with homosexuality?

So many arguments against homosexuality center around religious tenets. If those tenets were completely taken off the table would homosexuality still be wrong in your opinion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:00 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• CLEANATURALADY, YOU HAVE TO SELECT ONE BEST ANSWER TO CLOSE A QUESTION, I THNK ANONS DO THE SAME.

Well then. here we go.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 12:57 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• There will always be someone against it religion or not. Whether its insecurity, or just the need to hate someone different than they are.
    JMO
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 6:10 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Answered at 3:10 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 by: Princessofscots
    There will always be someone against it religion or not. Whether its insecurity, or just the need to hate someone different than they are.
    JMO
    ~~~~
    I could hide behind the anon.; but I won't.
    Religion or belief in nothing at all; and I am not religious...I am saved in the One that made us all.
    Regardless...it is wrong and the majority will agree and always will.
    I am not insecure, I am very sure of myself and what is normal and good.
    I hate no one.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 6:19 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• The idea that it is "wrong" is a personal opinion. That is it. It ends with the individual.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:24 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• IF there were no such thing as a "god", the idea that it is wrong wouldn't be so rampant.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:26 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Personally, I believe nothing is wrong with it.
    MandyOs

Answer by MandyOs at 6:35 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• PM on Aug. 21, 2009 by: sahmamax2
    IF there were no such thing as a "god", the idea that it is wrong wouldn't be so rampant
    ~~~~
    Really? Because there are an aweful lot of peole that do not believe in any god or God and they will say the same thing. It is not a normal way. little kids know that they are different. Boys will be boys and girls will be girls. It is not until the mind causes one to believe a lie that the problem begins. I ran a daycare for 15 years and no one had to tell a boy or a girl how to act. They naturally act like they are suppose too. they are not confused.
    Every one of us have dealt with the lusts of the flesh and the ones that CHOOSE that way have chosen it because they wanted to. Most people know the difference and their minds are not confused.
    There is a God and He says it is not right; so that pretty much throws your reply out of the equation.
    Proof. Where is it?
    His Word is good enough.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 6:37 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• that's a good question, op. i think it would come down to the individual..'wrong' probably wouldn't be the word used to describe it negatively..some might say it was 'gross' or 'weird', and those words would denote personal opinion. but 'right' and 'wrong' wouldn't be part of the equation, IMO.

...assuming religion is taken out of the equation.
    however, you could say the same about a few other 'sins'...actually, a lot of them! there will always be someone (or several) justify their actions that other's deem wrong/gross/weird/etc. that's human nature, to defend what you feel is right/fine with yourself.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 6:46 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I am going to stick to the queston and keep religion out of it.
    I dont think its wrong, it is only wrong in the minds of those who refuse to be open minded and understand that not everyone is the same. If every one were the same the world would be a very boring place. being gay doesnt mean you are confused.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 6:47 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

JMO
    ~~~~
    I hate no one.
    _________________________
    Who is hiding behind Anon. I know its your view, I agree to disagree.
    I do not understand, how without the "faith" based morality, it can be deemed as wrong.
    Just because the majority sees something as wrong, does not mean they are right.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 6:48 PM on Aug. 21, 2009