describe a special moment with the best Dr. you ever had?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 6:03 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Health

• The doctor I went to see with my pregnancy when I had my son was great. I had famly pressuring me into an abortion that I didn't want and I told him about it. He asked me why and told me that no one can make me do anything I didn't want. He's always been very friendly.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 12:22 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• once when I was very sick my family dr. came outside the clinic with a blood pressure cuff and a little else, climbed into the car beside me and examined me for a few minutes.... my husband and I sat there stunned and he returned a few minutes later w/ hospital admitting paperwork. He was so, so sweet and very fatherly. I miss him dearly. (I moved many hours away)
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:05 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• When I had my 3rd baby, I had told my Dr. that with my other 2 kids, I labored really slow in the beginning & then things would go really fast. I would be at 2 cm for hours & then within 15 minutes would transition & be pushing. It was the best moment in the world when she believed me & stayed with me during labor instead of leaving. It was my only delivery where the dr. wasn't rushing in from another part of the hospital.

Two weeks ago, DS had to have stitches after he got hit in the head. The ER dr was amazing. Instead of rushing b/c the ER was busy, he took extra time to allow the local anethesia to work & stopped partway through to numb DS a bit more. Doctors should take lessons from this guy.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 6:13 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I took my middle DD to the pedi once for a bilateral ear infection (she got them chronically her first year of life) and the nurse took her temp with the ear thermometer, and it said she didn't have a fever. I told the pedi when he came in how unreliable ear thermometers are, and he took her temp with a different kind, and sure enough she had a fever of 103.

Most docs shrug their shoulders when I voice my disdain for ear thermometers, but he listened to me, and it was a relief. He's still their pedi, and was my OB with my 3rd pregnancy (he's OBGYN/family practice) and has followed the baby since birth. We love our pedi!
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 12:56 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I also forgot to mention he's since banned ear thermometers from his practice :)
    milfalicious08