Has anyone used Lora Jensen's 3-day potty training method & did it work for you?

My aunt brought me this e-book by Lora Jensen, self-proclaimed Potty Queen where she trained all 3 of her boys at 22 months in 3 days. No diapers, no pull-ups. Done. I have read it and think we are going to try it soon. Here's her link.
http://www.3daypottytraining.com/

doodlebopfan

Asked by doodlebopfan at 6:04 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• http://www.3daypottytraining.com/

For the "lazy linkers" like me, LOL!

doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 6:05 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I did a modified version. My son will be four in Dec. They say that method works best if done before age 2. It took about three weeks and he is trained! No accidents at all.
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 6:14 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Ours is 29 m/o, but I like that there is no discipline, or expecting them to sit on the potty every 20 mins just to "see if you can go". She says that they need to feel the urge themselves, your focus is totally on them these 3 days, and then, Boom, they get it! Even if ours took a little longer, it would still be worth it. We may start after this box of diapers runs dry....Hehe...
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 6:19 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I kept my diapers/pull-ups. My DS was afraid of the potty and refused to poop on the potty for the entire three weeks. Then he stopped himself up so bad I had to give him suppositories. It was awful! Good luck!
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 6:23 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• jenree33, Really? Thanks for the tip. I am afraid of the constipation. I don't want him to hold it and hurt himself. I know she said that it could take a little longer the older they are. Maybe since he's 2-1/2 we can get it done in a week. I'd be happy with that. But even 3 weeks for an almost 4 y/o, you GO girl ! (and little man!) (High Five!)
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 6:38 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I tried it, but it may not work in just three days. I was not going to have a saturated bed. I wanted my sleep, so my son only wore Pull-Ups at night. Also, I put plastic underwear over his regular underwear so I didn't have to clean up pee all day. I bought mine at babybestbuy.com. They're pretty cheap! It will keep the pee from getting everywhere, but you will have to change your child in the bathtub because the pee will spill out like a tidal wave. I would end up rinsing off my sons legs after I changed him. I think he finally got sick of the whole ordeal of having pee spill out and having a mini bath all the time.
    flowrchild77

Answer by flowrchild77 at 10:27 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• flowrchild77-you will have to change your child in the bathtub because the pee will spill out like a tidal wave. I would end up rinsing off my sons legs after I changed him. I think he finally got sick of the whole ordeal of having pee spill out and having a mini bath all the time.

OP-Here. Whatever works! It sounds like you have a potty-trained little boy. Yay for you & him!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 10:51 PM on Aug. 26, 2009