Help! Horrible Cramps on only one side

I got my period yesterday and it was nothing to write home about, but all of a sudden about 20 minutes ago I started getting these absolutely excruciating cramps on my right side. Theyre horrible through the front of my lower abdomen all the way around to my back. I dont normally get cramps, and when I do theyre always very mild so I have no idea what is normal when it comes to this stuff.
So my question is, is it normal to get cramps on only one side? I also skipped my period last month so Idont know if that has anything to do with it. (btw I wook a pregnancy test last month and it was negative so I know I wasn't pregnant) thanks in advance for any help

Amanduhpanda

Asked by Amanduhpanda at 6:08 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Health

• Yes I think it's pretty normal. However if the pain's not normal for you it's always worth getting it checked out. A friend of mine only gets pain on one side and it turned out she had a small cyst on her ovary, that was easily regulated once found I think. But don't quote me on that one!
    mommatomanyy

Answer by mommatomanyy at 6:19 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Yep normal. I chaulked mine up to only one ovary (sp) was ovulating maybe. Sorry!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:17 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Thank you ladies!!! I wasnt trying to spaz or anything, I just didnt know if it was normal for only one side to be in pain. I always assumed it was your whole lower stomach that cramped. so thank you!!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 6:21 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• if it gets worse or where it hurts to walk and you feel sick, etc go to the doc cause it could be your appendix. it's on the right side. mine burst 4 years ago when I was 4 months preggo with my son and I was so sick and could barely walk and my right side hurt so bad.

charrenee

Answer by charrenee at 6:26 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Actually, it could be gall bladder pain. Did you eat anything higher in fat then normal?
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 6:28 PM on Aug. 21, 2009