Welll

Im 39 weeks and had my appointmnent today my dr said i was 2cm and she said i was 50% fase idk what that means. she also did the stripping of my membranes does that help aot or what? i will be induuce on Tuesday the 25th at 6am

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:39 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• its 50% EFFACED and that means that 50% of your cervix has thinned out and is gone. Stripping the membranes can help but it didnt help me. Congrats on your scheduled induction:) I hope that it goes very smoothly!
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 7:21 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• i'm always surprised that people don't ask their doctors what's going on ! like why not ask what she meant by 50% or why she wanted to strip your membranes! ? i always took a list of questions and then tons would come up during my appointments.
    good luck! it sounds like you won't have too much longer. but it could be a couple weeks more.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• ive been 3 cm for about a month now ..so really it dont mean anything this is my third but i am scheduled to be induced on the same day-again actually...so yay!! lol. best luck!!! hope all goes well
    eSnA2008

Answer by eSnA2008 at 9:00 PM on Aug. 21, 2009