Have I created a "talismen"?

Ok, so maybe talismen isn't the right word, but I am sure you'll get the idea once I explain.
I have a peeny on a chain that I wear all the time. The penny has an angel cut out of it. I got the penny shortly after my g-ma passed. And I have kept it on the chain that she gave me before she passed. The chain used to have a cross with mine and her birthstone in it, but I lost it. So there is the back story.
Now, I find myself playing with the penny everytime I am nervous, excited or basically when I am feeling any kind of strong emotion. And as soon as I touch it , I feel calm. And when I start to "feel" anything, I reach for it. So, have I (unwittingly) created a kind of talismen out of this necklace?
-Ashley

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 6:49 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 7:06 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I must agree - Yes...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:18 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Yep.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:08 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Uh - - I dunno....but I do think it is something that brings you peace and calm in difficult times, because it reminds you of your Grandma. Especially if she was a warm, loving person...
    Subconsciously, you associate the penny/necklace with your Grandma and that brings you a quiet calm that you know you can rely on.
    Good for you...
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 8:10 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Well, she wasn't exactly quiet or calm. But she was strong. And that's what i think off when I think of her, strength. So, I guess that's what a draw from it.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 11:27 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Yes you have created a talisman. When you touch it you are reminded of her and she is with you to help you during your time of need.

SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 10:02 AM on Aug. 22, 2009