Anyone have or have read the book(s) "Eat this not that" and/or "Supermarket Survival Guide"?

I had heard about these books and have glanced at them at the bookstore, I want to buy it just don't have the extra cash right now, I have been excercising, watching what I eat, and have lost weight, but would like to get these books to help me a little more. Anyone find these books helpful? Any comments or other ideas? Thanks in advance.

sylvia-ann

Asked by sylvia-ann at 6:51 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I too want to get the books eventually, but until I get them I found this!

This is from Mens Health It doesn't have everything but it has quite a bit of info on there and is FREE! http://eatthis.menshealth.com

This one will cost you about $10.00 for 6 months access and has a lot of info on it for you!

http://www.eatthis.com/login.php?

Good luck!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 6:59 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I have glanced at them too. I saw them on the Rachael Ray show and I really want to get them, I just have to get the money. Them seem very interesting. There were some surprising choices in them. I will get the original one and the one for kids.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:54 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• thanks so much! I didn't even know there is one for kids, I will try to get one for my dd too. I was surprised too by some of the facts...

thanks for the links nika
    sylvia-ann

Answer by sylvia-ann at 7:01 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• GO TO THE LIBRARY AND CHECK IT OUT

that totally deserved caps too, people need to stop buying books when they are free for three weeks at the library.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:20 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• the library in my town sucks and they don't have it but thanks for the suggestion though I have gone to the library first to see if certain books are available and our library is lucky if they even have any books from 15 years ago
    sylvia-ann

Answer by sylvia-ann at 7:38 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Does your library have a 'share' feature where they borrow books from other libraries? I'[ve had ok luck finding books I want on Ebay, but then again I'm on perpetual scan mode.
    HollyLucination

Answer by HollyLucination at 8:30 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Yes it's worth buying. I bought it, read the whole thing cover to cover. Now I know what to order and what not to order when I go out to eat, it makes it SO much easier and healthier because some things you think are healthy are very far from it.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:00 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I have eat this, not that for both adults and kids, and I love them both. They have some really great idea in those books. Try looking on ebay for a used book sometimes you can get books really cheap.
    Julia0331

Answer by Julia0331 at 11:34 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I have them all and I love them!!! Try Amazon. They're so much cheaper there!
    alyandalsmom

Answer by alyandalsmom at 1:46 PM on Aug. 22, 2009