He is not here to make me happy?

OK, while fighting with the husband, he expressed to me that he is not here to make me happy, that I need to make me happy. OK I kinda of get it but that's one of the reasons I thought I married him. He made me smile and happy :) I am sooo confused. We are almost married 10 yrs, Now things are getting harder?? He also told me that since I found out that I was prego with our first child I have never been the same, now I admitt I have changed a bit (different responsablities) BUT so did his. He say's he still loves me and I love him but ?????????

NOV1999

Asked by NOV1999 at 6:54 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• He is right. Your happiness is not his responsibility. You need to figure out what makes you happy and get yourself that way. Happiness is way too big of a burden to put on your spouse.
    FL2AK

Answer by FL2AK at 6:58 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• he's hormonal himself. and when men's hormones act up monthly or yearly or every seven years like the seven year itch their egos kick in to show off and mouth off.

just tell him that he has no excuse for being hormonal cuz he doesn't have a ranting and raving life in side of him kicking his poindexter in half like your hormones are from having a ranting and raving life inside of you kicking and dancing.

show him the door and tell him it's there he can leave. he will support you, and baby, add no matter where he is. if he leaves there's no coming back. if he stays his ego has to be sucked into his - and kept in check. You'll allow him hormonal moments and days when he grows inside of his male born scrotom and - a human life.

when I explain things like that to my husband he gets the pix and tucks his - in and is better for a much longer time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:00 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I agree with FL2AK.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:18 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• You have to make yourself happy. If you depend on someone else, you will always be disappointed.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 7:26 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Yep, you have to make yourself happy.

He can contribute to that happiness but he cannot be the one responsible for your happiness.

Find out who YOU are, and what makes YOU happy. Be happy and your husband will make you laugh again...
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 8:49 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• go make yourself happy!! when he sees how much fun you're having without him, he'll want to join!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:44 PM on Aug. 21, 2009