Should I tell him or keep it from him?

We have a shared property with my inlaws, we currently do not live there but they do, I gave my MIL permission to clean out an old laundry room that is a separate building on the property (it is being used as a storage building), she has been telling me what is in there and I have been telling her either "dump/sell/keep", and today she called that she found two jars of "seeds", which we both know belong to my husband, she asked me what to do with them, and we both agreed to dump them, because we both don't want my husband to get into that "mess" again, she said it was up to me to tell him or not, so should I tell him or keep it from him? btw he does not smoke that stuff no more anyway but am worried he will get mad at us for dumping something that was his

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:22 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• I wouldn't say anything honestly. If he didn't know or remember that they were in there in the first place then there is nothing to worry about. If he comes to you and asks you about it later, then you can tell him that "Yes, we found jars of seeds, but I didn't want that stuff around anymore and I thought you didn't either, so your mom and I agreed that it should go. I didn't think it should be a big deal for you now that it's in your past, right?"
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 7:38 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• How about simply dumping it because it's illegal and on his parents property?
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 7:24 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• we did dump it because it is illegal and it is a 50/50 property not his parents solely, and my question is should I tell him about it or not?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:29 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• He's going to find out in any event. May as well tell him.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:35 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I usually don't believe in this, but what he don't know isn't going to hurt him. And even if he did find out and get mad....oh well. It's illegal to begin with.
    officerjoeys

Answer by officerjoeys at 8:12 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• not me, I'd not say a word

Answer by admckenzie at 8:28 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• i've thrown out lots of things my dh hasn't missed ever! crap that was just continually getting moved/dusted/thrown further back into a closet..trust me, if he hasn't missed it, he hasn't missed it. throw it out. but be prepared to tell him the truth when/if he asks about his 'property'.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:38 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• oops! momma must've thought it was okra seeds and got rid of them!! If he doesnt do that stuff now than he shouldnt get upset but I wouldnt tell him unless he asks. If he gets mad about it than it may be a sign that hes not completely clean.
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 10:45 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• dont say anything because he obviously wanted to stash that little peice of his pass to possibly bring back into the present... just be sure you could trust the lady won't say nothing to him about it... or even worst use it against you like blackmailing you for whatever reason... be careful
    DesignDiva21

Answer by DesignDiva21 at 11:46 PM on Aug. 21, 2009