What would you think of an intergenational daycare that combines storytelling, young and old, games and Appalachian culture? I like near the National Storytelling Festival building. It would work ,right?

Tattle Tales Intergenerational Day Care
Where the Older and Younger Generations Meet

We have to offer programs which create an environment where everyone seems young and generations come together to share the everyday experiences of living, laughing and friendship. Bonding that sometimes gets lost in the rush of our everyday lives.

This daycare mixes older adults and preschool children into one daycare center to encourage their interaction and foster their well being. Where once young people visited and performed for senior centers with little or no intermingling, this facility, shared-site facility is specifically designed for interaction, a key component in developing a bond between generations. Overall it is believed that these leisure activities programs can enhance physical, emotional, educational and cognitive development by providing a variety of activities from reading, gardening and cooking to games, arts and craf

tncwoman

Asked by tncwoman at 7:35 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• sounds nice to me!!! could do wonders for some alzheimer patients. so many elderly are so lonely.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:03 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

•  I have research the idea.  bow downG.U. (generations Unity headquarters located  in D.C.)does this nationwide.YWCA ,where I was an intern, has something similar.NO one has had storytelling and Appalachia culture. The reason for  shared facilities is that the elderly can have their space and the children have a separated space. Some elderly do not like to be with children. Some Alzheimer's patients come alive with games and youth. Mental and cognitive stages change over time. I have 16 years medical experience with elderly care.  I know from my experience that this would work under a structured environment.

tncwoman

Answer by tncwoman at 10:44 AM on Aug. 22, 2009