Stashed Money!!!

It is your daughter's graduation party, and your husband tells you that "we don't have the money to get her a gift". So you say okay, but after the party, a couple of days later you find a secret stash your husband has been hiding from you of $1000. What would you do?

TBandNCmommy

Asked by TBandNCmommy at 7:37 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• Be very pissed off!
    TheWAHM

Answer by TheWAHM at 7:39 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• FLIP the F out!! I would be sooooo mad. Call him on it definately!
    minimommy816

Answer by minimommy816 at 7:41 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Ring his lovely little neck! Then get the gift she so very much deserves with the money he willingly hands over to me! Cause you better believe he and I would have a Loooooong talk!
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 7:43 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• OMGood GRIEF!!! This EXACT thing happened with my ex husband! And worse - he withdrew a bunch of money from our account the day AFTER I had written checks for the bills - so I went to where his stash was at, took the money to cover the checks and put it in the bank - THAT was the biggest fight we had - the next day I filed for divorce! That's just crappy! And IMO any man that would do some sh7! like that ought to be horse-whipped. When I learned just how deep seeded my ex husbands selfishness really was - I took the rest of his stash and paid my attys retainer! Good riddance jackass.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 7:45 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Give me a break. Talk about overreacting. He probably is trying to save for something special. I do it too. I am up to 200 for our savings. Not to spend or do anything wierd, but so we can have some emergency money. If you don't do it something will always come up.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 7:46 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I'd ask why he was hiding the $ first. I got 'caught' w a couple hundred bucks DH didn't know I had. I saved my $ like whatever change I had left over from groceries etc & DH has been wanting some power tools for the longest time so I was saving the $ for xmas & his bday (which is about a week difference) to buy them for him. When he found the $ he flipped on me, took the $, & spent it on stupid stuff out of anger. After his temper tantrum I explained why I had the $ & told him 'i hope u feel better bc now I can't afford the tools I was going to buy you' he felt like slime & now when he finds my 'savings' he just leaves it alone. He's a spender I'm a saver but if I want to be able to save I have to hide it from him. So talk to him CALMLY first
    landensmommy411

Answer by landensmommy411 at 7:49 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Yea it's one thing to assume he's saving for something special like that but to say there's no money for the graduation gift..that's what would piss me off!
    minimommy816

Answer by minimommy816 at 7:53 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Pacemyself, were you married to my ex-BIL. Cause this is exactly what he did to my sister. But what she did was kept $600 for bills and gave him $400. And yes they are divorcing, he already has a girlfriend. But he has done much worse things than that. I was just curious if her reaction was normal to other women.

TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 7:54 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Well I would confront him and ask him why he lied to me about not having $ to buy our child a gift. I would also expect that if he was 'hiding' money he had better have a damned good reason for it and tell me what his reason was. If he had a good reason then I would drop the matter. if it was not a good reason I would let him know that since he lied and hid money he will be using said money to buy the child a damned good present-- like he should have to begin with.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 7:57 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Well, ladies considering that he has been constantly lying to her about places he had been and about going to work and considering that they had already lost their house and were being evicted from their current situation, because of supposed finacial troubles, when they could have paid their rent with that money. I would tend to go with the ladies that would be ticked.
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 7:57 PM on Aug. 21, 2009