cupcakes

I am making cupcakes for a back to school party tomorrow should i frost them tonight or tomorrow and should i refrigiate them? should i cover my jello jigglers up with plastic wrap sorry i just want things to be perfect or close

proudmom34

Asked by proudmom34 at 8:08 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Food & Drink

• yes, jello jigglers wrapped, I frost the cupcakes the night before, and as long as it's frosting and not whip cream, no need to refridge.
    Hartbrayka

Answer by Hartbrayka at 8:21 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Covering jello is better, keeps out tastes/smells from fridge, and keeps it from getting a 'skin' {drying?}.

Haha, I'm on birthday cupcake duty... made up everything and keeping in the fridge till I have to frost them in the morning. When all else fails I hide stuff in the oven {only electric, never gas~ it'll melt the frosting}.
    HollyLucination

Answer by HollyLucination at 8:27 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• You can frost them tonight if you like but if you are having multiple colors or using gel pens to decorate you shouldnt cover them. Leave them for the frosting to harden slighly otherwise your colors might bleed. You can also make the frostings and stick them in the fridge for the morning if you have time in the morning. I often decorate the cupcakes/ cakes and leave them out overnight. If its a heavily cream cheese frosting you might want to wait until the morning.

And yes cover your jello with plastic wrap.
    cinemagirl823

Answer by cinemagirl823 at 9:33 PM on Aug. 21, 2009