I want a good recipe for beans

I got so many beans from WIC and need new recipes if anybody has one please can you share it with me.

HaisaiUrumaAnma

Asked by HaisaiUrumaAnma at 8:12 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Dips!
    Chili!
    Salads!

I live on beans and nuts, really. what spices do you like or have?
    HollyLucination

Answer by HollyLucination at 8:31 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• What kind of beans?
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 8:35 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I got a lot of herbs and chili powder and cyann pepper all kinds of beans, tonight I am using black eyed beans and black beans half and half mixed together going to make tortias.
    HaisaiUrumaAnma

Answer by HaisaiUrumaAnma at 8:46 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Taco soup, minestrone, salads, mash them and make filling for bean burritos, refried beans, baked beans in the crockpot, calico beans (different kinds of beans cooked together like baked beans, add some BBQ sauce and cooked ground beef).
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 10:13 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Cut up some green pepper, add it to vegetable or olive oil in a frying pan. Add some cut up onion or onion powder (I don't like the actual onion which is why I add the powder instead.) Add two tsp minced garlic and mix that all in. Add the beans - a big 42 oz can I believe (are they canned, if so, add without draining, if not you'll have to add the pre-cooked dry beans with probably 1 to 1 1/2 cups of water. You can also make rice separately (no more than 1 cup dry) and/or cooked potatoes to this as well. Smush up the beans with a smusher or large spoon. Add 1/2 tsp ground cumin. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add a dash of cayenne pepper and some chili powder if desired. Also add 1/2 tsp dried cilantro. Heat through and then serve on tortillas or a taco salad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I boil them with just salt.

The next day I fry them. Heat the oil and add the beans but not the water. Smash them and you have fried beans. They might have a little bit of juice. You can serve them as a side dish. I eat them with warm tortillas.

If you have some left over, you can refried them and they will be a little bit dryer. You can mix them with chorizo. They go well with scrambled eggs too.
    You can make flautas with beans. Flautas are tortillas with some beans in the middle rolled up and fried. They go well with sour cream, salsa, and chopped lettuce on top

Look up the recipe of frijoles rancheros. They are delicious.
    skymcr

Answer by skymcr at 12:09 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• Open trash can. Pour them in. Close lid.

Okay, seriously, anytime I have odd ingredients I don't usually use, I go to supercook.com. You put in your pantry, and it spits out recipes. It's also awesome when you need to go to the grocery store. You put in your pantry and it kicks out "fancy casserole" with the weirdest ingredients ever. AND it tastes good!
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 12:57 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I make red beans and rice on a regular basis. It takes several hours but you and your family can eat on it for 3 days at least; if you have left overs it freezes beautifully.

I take the red pinto beans, rinse them and sort them. ALWAYS sort the beans for stones, pebbles and debris. Put them into a large pot of water and start boiling them for at leat 2 hours. At that point I add onions, green bell peppers, jalapenos, worcheshire, Tony Chacheries seasoning (any seasoning blend that you like will work), fresh garlic (to your taste) a ts of mustart and continue cooking for another 2 hours. When they are soft I add 2 small cans of tomato sauce and cook for 1 more house. Yummo!
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 12:46 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• chilli beans rice and corn bread its reallly good my four yr old loves it
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 12:01 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• I have a ton of great recipes; send me a message offlist and I will forward them to you.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:46 PM on Aug. 23, 2009