32 weeks and 30% effaced does it sound like I will be going into labor soon?

I had regular contractions last night 5 mins apart when I got to the hospital they got 3 mins apart and pretty strong. They checked me and I was 1 cm when I arrived and then a cm an hour from then on. They gave me Celestone to mature babies lungs and morphine and gravol to stop the contractions. The dilating stopped but not the contractions they ar sporadic now. I wasn't told to be on bed rest I was told to walk every night and go about my daily business..

Candiecane22704

Asked by Candiecane22704 at 8:27 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• wow, that sounds odd, but I am sure there is a lot of the situation I don't know. Personally, I would be walking my butt off.......sporadic contractions are not a big deal, I would just walk till I dropped my plug. THEN I would call the doc and let him know. They normally have you come in if you drop your plug, at least to check dilation and effacing.
    Eco-Mother

Answer by Eco-Mother at 8:37 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• well i hope you dont have the baby this early it's not too dangerous but you never know what could happen you need to wait it out a few more weeks i would put myself on bedrest
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I am sorry the baby needs to be at least 36 weeks or it could be born ill wait take it easy be on bedrest let that little one have a few more weeks
    goatmom4

Answer by goatmom4 at 8:50 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I would figure they wouldn't encourage you to walk when they stopped your labor. You still have 8 weeks to go. Not trying to be rude, just surprised they told you to walk around(which sometimes can encourage labor to progress)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• i was 4 cm 50% effaced at 28 mts and i had my dd at 38 wks. no bed rest(never had contactios)
    with my son i was 3 cm and 75% effaced and i was on bed rest from 32-37 wks(had him at 37 wks) i had alot of preterm contactions but they always stopped them with medecine.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 9:12 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Could you be having Braxton-Hicks?
    I think you need to take it easy. The baby needs a little more time. My youngest was 6 weeks early and spent some time in nicu. I hated leaving him in the hospital and going home. So do yourself and your baby a favor and rest.
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 11:53 PM on Aug. 21, 2009