How can someone get the respect she deserves?

my brother's nephew doesn't respect his grandmother ,just the other day he told her he wishes she was dead. He's also been in jail for shop lifting. This boy is 16 or 17 years old. AND THANKS TO HIS GRANDMOTHER HE'S GOT A PLACE TO LIVE OR ELSE HE WOULD BE ON THE STREETS BY NOW. I just think she deserves more respect then she's getting from him. Is there something she could do?
t

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:34 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• See if she or someone can get him hooked up with some kind of program for troubled teens. Sounds like he's lost. God bless the grandma and him.
    sunie101

Answer by sunie101 at 11:13 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• my mom would say boot camp...why don't the family help her disipline him? obviously she cant do it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:36 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• because the mother of this boy needs to work to bring in money for her and the family. BUT SHE SAIDS THAT SHE DOES TALK TO HIM I GUESS HE DOESN'T LISTEN TO HIS MOM EITHER
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Personally, I would smack him silly. My BIL's oldest girl is completely disrespectful to her grandmother (my MIL). A few years ago, at a family gathering, I couldn't handle it anymore. BIL was just letting her do whatever and talk horribly to his own mother! I looked at my niece and told her that if she didn't quit treating her grandmother like that she was going to get her mouth washed out with soap! BIL looked like he wanted to kill me. Niece said, "Yeah, right. I'd like to see you try it!" My DH...he told his brother if he disciplined his daughter other people would not have to do it for him. He told my niece that HE would be the one to get the soap and that would be AFTER he beat her ass. She still has issues but not as many. (she's terrified of my DH, don't know why. Her dad is 10x worse.)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I agree with anon. I am a frime believer in hands on punishment....I don't really care how old you are. I'm still an adult and I will punish you if you get out of line(like this boy) I would get my belt, like my momma always says "you're never too old for an a** woopen" or "you may grow taller then me, but that don't mean I can't woop your butt" (thats what she would tell my oldest brother)
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 8:54 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Kick his ass to the street
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 11:36 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• His mother has to work so she puts the load on the grandmother? Wow that's a sorry excuse for a mother, I'm sorry to say. There are plenty of moms who have to work hard to support their family but still takes care of their kids and noone I know would even remotely put up with a kid acting like you said this kid is acting. His butt needs to be put in military school or shipped off to a detention center. It isn't the grandmothers place to put up with it. When a kid has as many issues as you said talking isn't going to do crap!
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 1:54 PM on Aug. 22, 2009